My .li paper

Brand diary

There are some brands I've liked forever it seems. Brands like Tiffany and Veuve Cliquot. New York and Paris (sort of). Aqua blue and orange. Timeless special occasion treats.

Fortum & Mason. I can't visit London without stopping there and agonizing over all the beautiful packaging. They used to have a gorgeous website that was so crafted with illustrative and typographic detail yet and a totally smooth e-commerce experience, and a magazine that just killed with its concept photography.

Oh and how could I forget Armani? The most elegant women's suits ever and the clothes are so beautifully made. I once bought a little – like really little – Armani dress when I was in Italy with a girlfriend because a guy shopping with his girlfriend kinda gasped when I came out of the dressing room.

Then there are other brands which I feel like I've liked forever but probably have had some down-time. I'm thinking of Adidas (Originals) and Audi (any model). Both beginning with A and German too. Hmm.

Book brands like Assouline and Rizzolli.

Then there are fun brands like Ina Garten, New York, Stella McCartney. Daphne Guinness, doing whatever. Does Colin Firth count?

New-ish smaller brands that keep being right and brilliant: PorterAir, Jacques Torres (not sure which I love more, the chocolate covered Cherrios or the beautiful store/chocolate kitchen/factory).

These are all me and I'm sure there's lots more I'm not thinking of. I think what all of these have in common (besides making my list) is being more than a great product or a great campaign; they have personality, longevity and a sene of style too.